J&J TRUCK BODIES & TRAILERS
To plan, organize and control production in an organization to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and to standard.
- Manage overall production of J&J dump bodies and trailer products.
- Oversee manufacturing plant departments.
- Schedule new orders daily to meet customer’s needs.
- Set and meet production goals.
- Analyze and reduce costs.
- Determine appropriate staffing levels.
- Hire and schedule workers to meet production needs and goals.
- Ensure employees are sufficiently trained / cross-trained for necessary tasks.
- Perform root cause analysis on production line and create solutions.
- Ensure production employees are working toward company goals.
- Ensure cost metrics are monitored and achieved (efficiency, scrap and inventory)
- Coordinate interaction between different departments in the manufacturing plant.
- Manage communication lines with managers, hourly personnel and procurement departments.
- Monitor product standards.
- Ensure quality standards are being met.
- Enforce company and regulatory safety rules and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with company safety goals.
- Recommendations for capital improvements to maintain or improve the production process.
- Perform administrative activities necessary for shop operation.
- Learn cost structure and understand how it relates to the budget.
- Approve expenditures for supplies and materials.
- Promote 5S and LEAN manufacturing principles.
- Work with peer managers to ensure smooth product flow.
- Bachelors from 4 year university in engineering or related field preferred.
- 5+ years working in an industrial production environment.
- Knowledge of financial and budgetary controls.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in fast paced production environment.
- Strong computer skills
We offer a competitive salary and an outstanding benefit package. EOE
To be considered please submit a resume and salary history