Senior Systems Administrator
Boswell Main Office
Sr. Systems Administrator
Reporting to the Director of IT, the Sr. Systems Administrator is responsible for the design, implementation, operations and technical configuration of the server platform enterprise infrastructure. The individual in this position will be the subject matter expert in the architecture, configuration, deployment, administration, maintenance and backups of our physical and virtual environment. Proven abilities working in a successful, highly collaborative IT team are critically important.
Applicable, real-time experience with HP, Nimble, VMWare, Linux, MS Windows OS, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint and Office365 are required. Individual must demonstrate project skills in an Office365 implementation or migration. Individual must also manage relationships with, and serve as a liaison to, external technical support and vendors. Mentor team members with his/her extensive experience in the technology toolset.
• Maintain and manage all onsite and cloud-based server and storage systems.
• Assist other IT resources with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of system hardware and software as well as educating employees on its use.
• Maintain and secure user, group, and computer accounts in Active Directory (AD), and manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs) throughout the AD enterprise, and VMware environments.
• Work with security and IT Auditors to identify and remediate issues.
• Plan and implement changes to the infrastructure environment, with our third party IT vendors.
• Maintain technical documentation, infrastructure architecture diagrams, and maintenance procedures.
• Ensure all data backup and restore operations are online, secure, and accessible, while continually safeguarding for any disaster recovery requirements.
• Work with our technology partners to design, configure, implement and deliver a successful Office 365 environment. Assist IT Director on the overall project management, including licensing, options and costs.
• Work with Sr Network personnel for any configuration, documentation, troubleshooting and support required, with a strong knowledge of WAN/LAN environments, including switches, routers, firewalls, and third party internet service offerings.
• Deploying, troubleshooting and managing storage systems.
• Proactively identify faults, issues, and possible security breaches or risks, and recommend appropriate paths to resolution in conjunction with other IT staff.
Successful candidates meet the following criteria:
• At least five years relevant experience working successfully in a small to medium-sized IT department, with constant emphasis on the customer service deliverable.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
• A four-year college degree (preferred), two-year college degree, or completion of a specialized, extensive in-house training/apprenticeship program.
• Relevant Active Directory and Server Certifications preferred, but are not required.
• Will work off hours, evenings or weekends, as necessary.